Friday, May 1, 2009

Publishers Are from Mars; Librarians Are from Venus

If you've been following my updates on Facebook, you already know that my trip to the Career Management Alliance conference came to an abrupt cancellation due to an ill-timed bout with a stomach virus. I am still disappointed about all the missed connections; however, I took advantage of the tweets and followed the highlights anyway.

I wanted to be sure and share this article from Library Journal, in which a librarian attempts to bridge the gap between the people who make the books and the people who facilitate their use. I felt like the part told from the editor's point of view was a pretty accurate depiction of the challenges we face. And I enjoyed hearing about the issues that librarians deal with. All of these problems are constantly evolving. You'd think we'd figure out better ways to work with each other. Can't we all just get along?

No comments: